Vacancies on the Board of Sport Ireland
16th April 2018
The Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified candidates to fill three vacant positions.
Applicants for this role should demonstrate in their application: -
- wide experience and competence in relation to financial matters
- extensive professional experience at an appropriately senior level in the area of accountancy, audit and/or corporate finance
- experience as a member of an Audit Committee or of having directly reported to or worked with an Audit Committee
- proven experience of management/operation of financial systems and the design of business information systems
In addition to the essential requirements above, it is desirable that candidates for this position would have: -
- relevant experience in risk management
- previous board/corporate governance experience
- a demonstrable interest in sport.
(b) Sporting perspective
Candidates for this position must be or have been involved in competing at the highest level in sport. Candidates must have/or have had significant demonstrable active involvement in sport which would indicate a depth and breadth of knowledge of the challenges facing the sector and demonstrate a substantial contribution and/or track record of achievement in the sector.
(c) Disability Advocate
Applications are invited from disability advocates or individuals who have personally participated in sports for those with disabilities.
Candidates for this position must have a demonstrable interest or involvement in sport and an in-depth knowledge of the challenges facing this particular sports sector.
For all of the above roles, applicants whose names are forwarded to the Department for consideration will be called for interview and will be asked to demonstrate, from their experience: -
- that they are open minded strategic thinkers, able to bring their own experience to bear on issues under discussion;
- a commitment to an evidence-based approach, and the capacity to appreciate the implications of complex and multi-faceted evidence;
- the ability to make important and difficult objective decisions;
- the ability to challenge constructively the opinions of others, work to achieve a shared consensus and accept collective responsibility;
- excellent communication skills and an ability to express themselves clearly and succinctly.
PLEASE NOTE THIS CAMPAIGN WILL CLOSE ON 30/04/2018 AT 15:00
To view the full job advertisement and description, and to apply visit the State Boards here website