National Bike Week Returns to Offaly this June
8th June 2016
What's on in Offaly?
National Bike Week, which takes place annually, returns to Offaly this summer from Saturday, 11th June to Sunday, 19th June.
Bike Week is a fun-filled family event, as well as an event catering for cycling enthusiasts. There is quite literally something for all ages and ability, from free bike checks, fun cycles, lunchtime city rides, school cycling races bikes festivals and much much more, Bike Week has something for everyone. Enjoy eight days on two wheels celebrating and promoting all that is great about cycling. In Offaly, there are a wide range of events taking place including:
Lunchtime cycle supported by Offaly Sports Partnership and Wolftrap Cycling Club on Wednesday, 15th June. Meet at the Wilmar Road Car Park, Birr at 12.30pm. A roadworthy bicycle and helmet is essential to join the lunchtime cycle. For more information, contact 057 93 57462 or by email to email@example.com.
Tandem cycling for people with visual impairments (supported by National Council for the Blind in Ireland (NCBI), Wolftrap Cycling Club and Lough Boora Parklands) on Wednesday, 15th June Meet at the Lough Boora Parklands Visitor Centre at 11am. For more information, contact NCBI on 086 8371937.
Birr Bike Week supported by Wolftrap Cycling Club
Tuesday, 14th and Thursday, 16th June – Couch to 60km (Aimed at adults wishing to begin or return to cycling; and kicking off a six week Couch to 60k training programme culminating in the Billy Butler Cycle on Sunday, 24th July). Meet at 6.30pm at Horans Shop, Newbridge Street, Birr. For more information, contact Wolftrap Cycling Club by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Daingean Bike Week supported by Grand Canal Wheelers
Saturday, 18th June – Kidz cycle (10+ years). Meet at 10.30am at the Grand Canal Wheelers clubhouse, Daingean Town Hall. For more information, contact Grand Canal Wheelers on 86 4021113 or by email to email@example.com
Edenderry Bike Week supported by Team 905
Wednesday, 15th June – Novices cycle for adults. Meet at 6.30pm at the harbour in Edenderry. For more information, contact Team 905 on 086 1203192 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ferbane Bike Week supported by Lynx Cycling Club (meet at Ferbane Business Park for all events)
- Monday, 13th June – Novices cycle for adults and teenagers (15km). Meet at 7pm
- Tuesday, 13th June – B group leisure cycle for adults (45km). Meet at 9.30am
- Wednesday, 15th June – Kidz Skillz. Meet at 7.30pm
- Thursday, 16th June – Novices cycle for adults (17.5km). Meet at 9.30am
- Friday, 17th June – Kidz Skillz. Meet at 7.30pm
- Saturday, 18th June – Kidz cycle (8+ years and 20km). Meet at 4pm
- Sunday, 19th June – A group spin (100km +) & B group spin (70km +). Meet at 8.30am
For more information, contact Lynx Cycling Club on 086 8505537 or by email to email@example.com.
Offaly Sports Partnership will also be running two Facebook competitions as part of Bike Week 2016: -
- Like our article on “Family Opportunities for Cycling in and around Offaly” on Facebook/OffalySportsPartnership to win one of four ½ day family bike hires in Lough Boora Parklands
- Share your 90 second video of #WhyILoveMyBikeOffaly to win a ½ day bike hire for you and three friends in Bike Park Ireland. Entrants must be over 8 years of age